1. The Indus Valley Civilization belongs to the
(a) Neolithic Age (b) Palaeolithic Age (c) Chalcolithic Age (d) Mesolithic Age
2. Which one of the following archaeologists initially discovered the Mohenjodaro site of the Indus Valley Civilization?
(a) Sit John Marshall (b) Rakhal Das Banerji (c) Daya Ram Sahni (d) Sir Martimer Wheeler
3. The Great Bath of the Indus Valley Civilization was discovered in
(a) Harappa (b) Lothal (c) Mohenjodaro (d) Ropar
4. Which of the following Indus Valley sites is now in Pakistan? .
(a) Harappa (6) Kalibangan (c) Lothal (d) Alamgirpur
5. The Great Bath of the Indus Valley Civilization was discovered in
(a) Harappa (b) Lothal (c) Mohenjodaro (d) Ropar
6. Which of the following metals was not known to Indus Valley people?
(a) Copper (b) Bronze (c) Iron (d) None of these
7. Which one of the following was not an Indus Valley Civilization site?
(a) Lothal (b) Patliputra (c) Rangpur (d) Sukatagendor
8. Knowledge about the existence of which of the following animals is doubtful in the Indus Valley Civilization?
(a) Dog (b) Cat (c) Bull (d) Horse
9. The Indus Valley people knew the use of
(a) gold, silver, copper, bronze but not iron (b) copper, iron, gold but not bronze (c) silver, lead, iron but not gold (d) gold, tin, bronze but not copper
10. Which of the following Harappan sites had a dock?
(a) Harappa (b) Mohenjodaro (c) Lothal (d) Alamgirpur
Answers – 1.d 2.d 3.a 4.a 5.c 6.c 7.b 8.b 9.a 10.c
11. Of the following Harappan sites those not in India are
(a) Mohenjodaro and Harappa (b) Bhanwali and Ropar (c) Lothal and Kalibangan (d) Lothal and Ropar
12. The figure of the god that was depicted in the seal of Indus Valley people is
(a) Agni (b) Indra (c) Varuna (d) Pashupati
13. Rice cultivation is associated with Harappan site of
(a) Kalibangan (b) Harappa (c) Ropar (d) Lothal
14. Which of the following presents the most significant feature of Indus Valley Civilization?
(a) Bumt brick buildings (b) Art & architecture (c) Buildings of worship (d) First true arches
15. The remains of a wooden drain of Indus Valley Civilization have been found at
(a) Lothal (b) Mohenjodaro (c) Harappa (d) Katibangan
16. The Indus Valley people had trade relations with
(a) Egypt (b) Greece (c) Ceyton (d) Mesopotamia
17. The tools and weapons of Harappan Civilizati were mostly made of
(a) stone (b) copper and iron (c) copper and bronze (d) stone and copper
18. The main channels of our knowledge about the Indus Valley Civilization are
(a) Inscripuons (b) Coins (c) Palm and barch leaf manuscripts (d) Archaeological excavations
19. There are similarities between the seals found at Mohenjodaro and
(a) Egypt (6) China (c) Sumeria (d) Afghanistan
20. The script of Indus Valley Civilization wes
(a) Persian (b) Dravidian (c) Sanskrit (d) Undeciphered
Answer – 11.a 12.d 13.d 14.a 15.b 16.d 17.c 18.d 19.c 20.a
21. The Great Granary of the Indus Valley Civilization has been discovered at
(a) Harappa (b) Mohenjodaro (c) Kalibangan (d) Lothal
22. The famous figure of a dancing girl found in the excavations of Harappa was made up of
(a) terracotta (b) steatite (c) bronze (d) red limestone
23. Which is the oldest Veda ?
(a) Sama Veda (b) Yajur Veda (c) Atharva Veda (d) Rig Veda
24. Which, among the following, was the chief feature of Rig Vedic religion ?
(a) Performance of sacrifices (b) Worship of images (c) Belief in existence of life after death (d) Predominance of female goddesses
25. The Vedic deity Indra was the goddess of
(a) Wind (b) Eternity (c) Rain and thunder (d) Fire
26. Which of the following is an Upanishad
(a) Aiweya (&) Vijasena (c) Chandogya(d) Krishna Kamamruta
27. Which of the following ideals is not contained in the Atharva Veda ?
(a) Gnana (b) Karma (c) Moksha (d) Upasana
28. Which one of the following contains the Gayatri Mantra ? .
(a) Rig Veda (b) Yajur Veda (c) Upanishad (d) Sama Veda
29. Which of the following animals was known to ancient Vedic people ?
(a) Elephant (b) Boar (c) Tiger (d) Lien
30. The God not worshipped during the time of Rig Vedic Aryans was
(a) Indra (b) Agni (c)Marut (d) Shiva
Answers – 21.a 22.c 23.d 24.b 25.c 26.a 27.c 28.a 29.d 30.d
31. The word ‘Vid’ from which ‘Veda’ has been derived means
(a) God (b) Doctrine (c) Knowledge (d) Holy
32. The Aryans came to India from
(a) Eastern Europe (b) Central Asia (c) South-east Asia (d) None of these
33. The Aryans at first settled in
(a) Sindh (b) Gujarat (c) Kashmir (d} Punjab
34. The family of the Rig Vedic Aryans was
(a) Patrilineal (b) Patriarchal (c) Matriarchal (d) Matrilineal
35. Which of the following craftsmanship was not practised by the Aryans ?
(a) Pottery (b) Jewellery (c) Carpentery (d) Blacksmith
36. Ayurveda owes its origin to
(a) Rig Veda (b) Sama Veda (c) Yajur Veda (d) Atharva Veda
37. The classical Indian music has its origin in which of the following ?
(a) Samaveda (b) Atharva veda (c) Yajurveda (d) Shiv Purana
38. What is the subject matter of the Upanishads ?
(a) Law (b) Philosophy (c) Religion (d) Yoga
39. Which is the most important divinity of Rig Veda?
(a) Marut (b) Agni (c) Shakti (d)Varm .
40. The salient feature of Rigvedic religion was the worship of
(a) Nature (6) Pashupati (c) Mother Goddess (d) Trimurti
41. The Gayatri Mantra contained in the Rig Veda is dedicated to which deity ?
(a) Agni (b)Marut (c)Surya (d) Savitri
Answers – 31.c 32.b 33.d 34.b 35.d 36.c 37.a 38.c 39.d 40.a 41.d